I"m Sailing!

I"m Sailing!

Thursday, November 1, 2007

The memories

OK, So here it goes. I'm on a role and am actually writing frequently about real blog stuff. Here's the memories part of the blog.

What was I don't 10 years ago?

I'm going to pretend like it's still Halloween because it's a lot easier to remember a holiday than the day after. So 10 years ago, I was a sophomore at Ricks College. I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life (oh look nothing has changed), I lived in the Riviera apartments and had 5 roommates. We all got along pretty well but there was a wide range of personalities. A few days before Halloween we had a party at our apartment. Our FHE brother, Jason, who was 25 and we thought was sooooooo old came over and we decided to let him hypnotize us. Shantell, Phil and I were the victims. I had never been hypnotized before and didn't know if I could go under but I actually did. It was kind of fun and I still remember what I did. It's not like you are completely under a spell or anything. It's just a very relaxed state. I knew what Jason was telling me to do and I actually just wanted to do what he was telling me and don't worry I still knew what was appropriate and what wasn't. I have a video of us doing crazy things. I hopped around like a frog and got to be my favorite hero. Actually now that i think about it we didn't have a party, our roommates who were watching thought it was so funny that they went around our complex and gathered people to enjoy the show. Good times, good times. That is one of my favorite memories of my sophomore year.

5 years ago

I was a senior at BYU, once again ironically enough I was living at a complex called the The Riviera. I had 5 roommate again as well and like always I was trying to figure out life. Well that year I decided that I was going to be a cat lady. You know the ladies who never get married and have a ton of cats. The ones who are half way crazy. Well I figured that I could pull that off pretty well since I was the oldest girl in my ward and had the half way crazy part down. I put on my checkered polyester leisure suit, smeared my lipstick all over my lips and had every thing cat I could think of as my accessories. I even acted the part. I went to the ward Halloween party and pulled out my accordion style pictures of my cats any chance I had. You know how people pull out picture of their kids from their wallets and they have a million pictures and they all come cascading down once you open it. That's what I had of my cats and they were all named Fluffy. So that's what I did and for the rest of the year people remembered me as the cat lady. Maybe that's why I didn't date very much that year or come to think of it, ever.... It must be my destiny. Meow.

1 year ago

Last year I didn't know what I was going to do for my costume. It was maybe an hour or so before we were going to a party and I knew I had some bright orange polyester clothes I could wear. I realized that I have a lot of good polyester outfits thanks to a crazy old lady in my home ward who donated her old clothes to the ward swap meet. Boy did my friends and I have fun at that one. So I snatched this florescent orange pair of pants and several designed orange shirt. With an hour to spare I decided to be the heroic Polyester Girl and made myself a paper eye mask and used one of the other shirts as my cape. I think it turned out to be a pretty good costume. I really don't know why people have a hard time thinking of ideas for costumes. You just think of something completely out there and there you have it.

This year

So this year has to be the wildest and craziest Halloween ever. I have my classes every Wednesday night. My ethics teacher was out of town so we didn't have his class. Then most of my classmates have little kids and wanted to go trick or treating with them so we talked my accounting teacher into making last nights class optional. Originally I didn't plan on going to class and going to my ward party, then after my midterm, I decided that I didn't really have a choice. So I went to the temple after work in place my ethics class. FYI Halloween is a very good day to go to the temple there were less than 20 people in my session. Anyway then I went to accounting and missed the whole excitement of Halloween.

So there you have it, memories from Halloweens past
.

4 comments:

AC said...

This Halloweenie I had to deal with the wicked real estate witch of the 4th west wing.

Anonymous said...

My son was the serial nose picker for Halloween. No nose is safe, no, not even yours.

Suzanne said...

yay!!! I'm so glad you're "really" blogging! I think I remember those polyester pants from college? Awesome stuff.

Marissa Marie said...

I went to the temple on Halloween too! That's funny, we could've coordinated. I did see a mom and dad dressed in weird costumes taking pictures of their kid in front of the temple. I thought it was a weird Halloween picture locale. Thanks for the updates. You're going to have to stay in touch lots and lots!