I"m Sailing!

I"m Sailing!

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Sleeping at my Desk

I don't know when I became narcoleptic but I can pretty much fall asleep anywhere. My favorites so far are: when I was on my mission and fell asleep many times while my companion was talking, I started to be know as the sleepy one. Another favorite was when I worked at Heritage Halls at BYU. I think part of my job description should have stated that I was to be a listening ear for my boss. She was just lonely, but I didn't have to respond at all and she would just keep right on talking. I got really good at sleeping and opening my eyes right when I heard her turning to look at me. I don't know if she ever caught on that I was sleeping as she was talking and looking at her computer screen. This past year I even fell asleep while on the phone at work. I was giving our address and was on auto pilot. I guess I skipped part of it and the lady was confused why there wasn't a street that went along with the address. I quickly caught myself and realized that I had been talking to her in my sleep and corrected myself before she was the wiser. Some times it's a blessing and some times it's a curse. Today it's a curse. I hope no one saw me this morning.

1 comment:

Marissa Marie said...

I think you became a narcoleptic after that one accident. Remember? Oh wait, you also have amnesia. I'm looking for a new post from the Kronster!